Hills of fruit and croissants
Perched high, it offers its visitors a breathtaking panoramic view of Mont-Mégantic. Isolated in the heart of nature, this Swiss-style cottage offers the perfect environment to stop, breathe and forget about the daily grind.
With its large windows, it incites you to get out, embrace the horizon and its trails. Hikes, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and astronomy evenings are all offered a few kilometers away.
Inside, the wood finishing creates a warm ambience, perfect after a day in the great outdoors. Enjoy quality time with friends or family in the open spaces or in front of a cozy wood fire.
Don’t forget to take advantage of the stars: you are in the heart of the first international night-sky reserve!
Two rooms in a large common space, equipped with 4 double beds on the first floor, hosts up to 8 people comfortably.
A balcony is accessible from the room, where one may take advantage of the stunning view.
The open concept composed of the kitchen, dining room and living room with a fireplace is perfect for having a great time with family and friends.
The Chalet de la Halte is a cottage located:
- 10 minutes from the Mont-Mégantic National Park.
- 10 minutes from the village of Piopolis (municipal beach, restaurants, theatre).
- 30 minutes from downtown Lac-Mégantic.
During Winter, one may easily practice:
- Snowshoeing, cross country ski, iceskating and snowmobiling on Mégantic Lake.
- Dogsledding and Horsecarriage excursions.
- Observation of the sky and its stars at the Mont Mégantic Astrolab.
- Camping Aventure (water slides in summer and sliding in winter).
- Baie-des-Sables Complexe (public beach, rentals, tubing and ice fishing).
- Morne Mountain (over 20 km of trecking paths).
- Mont-Gosford ZEC.
- Sugarloaf Ski Station (75 km).
CITQ Establishment No.272856
*Minimum rental period:2 Nights / Week-end
In winter, the last 150 feet must be on foot due to a steep slope. We are not responsible for accidents for those who venture up the driveway by vehicle. It is highly suggested that you bring cleats to put on your boots. It is not mandatory, but safer. A sled is available at the cottage to help bring the luggage up.